This is a huge debate that has been going on for years, and I don't get how Twilight could even be compared to Harry Potter. Now I am a Potter fan, so my opinion will be biased, but for the most part, I will be stating facts.
I'm going to test the characters, plots and movie adaptations.
CHARACTERS
The main male character; Harry Potter vs Edward. I think Harry is a better character and I'll say this for a few reasons. First off let me give Edward props for not being as annoying as some other characters, that being said, Edward is BLAND. He doesn't have real character and he feels 2 dimensional. In the HP series we explore Harry's faults and his many problems, and wonder if he is going to turn evil at some points. His character is 3 dimensional and he feels almost like a real person.
The main female character; Hermione Granger vs Bella Swan. This is obvious. Very obvious. There's a few reasons for this. Hermione is a strong female character. She isn't a push over and she fights for herself. She is always there for her friends and at the same time is a genius, while Bella Swan relies on Edward for EVERYTHING. When Edward leaves her, she tries to jump off a fucking cliff! What a great rolemodel.
PLOT
This is another easy win for Potter. Rowling spent years, maybe a decade planning out her series. A DECADE! She made every plot point make sense and every little nook and cranny perfect. The plot turned out to be a fantastic one, and she says she could write another. Stephanie Meyer said she "dreamed" about the idea and started writing about it. The saga is an enormous fan fiction! I've heard people say they prefer Twilight because it is easier to follow. Of course it's easier to follow! There's barely any fucking plot! This goes for the movies too. People say the books translated better to movies, well of course they would with the little amount of plot. If you wanted all the plot in a Harry Potter movie we would be sitting in the theater for 6 hours!
MOVIE ADAPTATIONS
The Twilight movies were filled with bad. Bad acting, bad effects, bad casting(the two leads I can excuse) and bad reception. I mean if you look at critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes (for those of you who don't know this takes the critical response from critics around the world and rates it based on that) All the Harry Potter movies have been deemed "Fresh" by the site. The highest scoring Twilight film was Eclipse and Twilight and they got 50% out of 100. New moon didn't even receive a 30%! The lowest scoring Potter was 72%, highest being 90%. You can tell by this who the professionals would rather watch, and the people of the world.
CINEMATICON COPYRIGHT 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment